How to get here.
- Umeå Airport, only 3.5 kilometres from the city centre.
- Many daily flights to and from Stockholm.
- Several direct flights from cities in Europe.
- 6.5 hours from Stockholm.
- High-speed trains to and from Örnsköldsvik and Sundsvall.
- Trains to and from Vindeln, Vännäs, Lycksele, Kramfors, Härnösand, Luleå, Kiruna and Narvik.
- 2 central railway stations: Umeå C in the city centre and Umeå East near the university and hospital.
- Daily coaches from Stockholm.
- Daily coaches south, west and north from Umeå.
- Daily ferry traffic between Umeå and Vaasa (Finland).
- The E4 motorway links Umeå with Europe.
- The E12 leads to Norway and Finland.
- The E4 north takes you to Torneå (Finland).
Cycling and walking:
- Walking paths along the river.
- More than 200 km of popular cycling routes (bikes are available for hire).
Where to stay in Umeå
If you would like to stay in Umeå you have plenty of options: Hotels, B&amp;Bs, Hostels, Campsites, Rooms and flats, Chalets, Visitors’ marinas.
Read more about travel and accommodation in the official tourist guide of the Umeå region: www.visitumea.se.